Sunday, August 12, 2012

Catching up from the First Trimester



Update since we found out we were pregnant:

We found out May 30th, 2012... our one year anniversary and the day of our engagement pictures. I imagine that won't be a day we forget anytime soon. I spent the next month or so sick as a dog. We decided to change our wedding from May 2013 in Panama City, FL to Labor Day weekend in Omaha, NE. Moving everything up to just a mere two months away added to the new stress, which of course made morning sickness worse! In the first 10 days of pregnancy I lost about 10 pounds or so. I've been slowly gaining it back since then, and now, at 16 weeks I am just about back to baseline. During the first trimester protein was a common aversion and baby loved fast food! (This baby takes after his/her Dad!) One thing that surprisingly went over well: McDonald's Chicken Nuggets- so gross.

At the end of June I moved to Panama City to join Dan and we had both sides of the family in town the weekend before the 4th to meet! That week I started my new job, and Dan and I were legally married to start Tricare for baby and I. :) We closed on the new house, and heard Baby's heartbeat in the same day! Since mid July, we have been wedding planning, setting up house, and learning to cohabitate. Wally loves the new house and big backyard. He also has turned more into Dad's dog, since Dan plays with him and is way more fun than Mom! He still doesn't like to be far from me, and will occasionally come check on me when Dan and I are in different rooms.

August so far has been packed with finalizing wedding details and preparing for our upcoming travels. Dan, Wally and I are falling into a routine, which unfortunately includes 6:30 am wake-ups with our puppy, even on weekends- I guess it's good baby training, but I miss sleeping in!

Below are a few of the pictures from early on in the pregnancy that didn't make it to facebook. Now we are 16 weeks along and starting to see a noticeable difference in my growing belly! Hopefully in the coming weeks we will update more often :)


UPDATE:
Weight gained: still down 3 pounds.
Feeling: Good! Not as tired or nauseous anymore, and food actually tastes great! I still don't eat much at a time though.
Symptoms: Tired, but nothing like before. Still regular potty breaks, but I think more hydration related instead of pregnancy related.
How big is the baby?: As big as a turnip. We've moved through the rest of the produce section so far including avocado, lemon, lime, plum, and navel orange.
Miss anything?: Wine. I know there may be some safety in light alcohol consumption, but so far haven't ventured there yet. But man would I love a glass of Pinot Noir with a nice medium steak! Only a few months to go! Also missing regularity. Turns out high Iron in prenatals, mixed with general vegetable aversion is creating constipation. I'm so used to clockwork, this is annoying.
Cravings: Baby does take after me some! Baby loves sweets. Lucky Charms are a recent favorite snack, and although packed with sugar, they ARE fortified with Iron and Folic Acid, so they're healthy for baby right?
Aversions: Vegetables, and anything 'heavy'. Heavy today means chicken fried steak and lots of gravy- sounds awful.
Maternity clothes?: Nope, but some of my wardrobe is getting snug. Not enough to notice, unless you're the one wearing it all day!
Stretch marks?: No, which is surprising given the rapid (and painful) growth of my breasts in June! Up a full size in a matter of a few weeks- ouch.
Gender: Don't know yet, but two girlfriends found out their baby's genders this week and I am green with envy. Our OB doesn't do gender screening until after 20 weeks, so sometime after the big wedding we'll know :)
Name picked out?: Maybe for a boy. Girl- we are at a loss. Bought a baby name book yesterday.
Belly button in or out: In, but I've always had a shallow 'innie' so we'll see how long this lasts...
best moment this week: Hearing Baby Campbell's heartbeat lumb-dubbing away :)
Looking forward to: Big wedding in three weeks, finding out the sex, and starting to show! I know in just a few short months I'll be tired of being huge, but lately I don't 'feel' pregnant. Not tired, not sick, and not showing. I heard the baby's heartbeat again last week, and that made this mama happy! Baby is in there, growing away and healthy.



Dan and I at his cousin Heather's wedding. We are about 5 weeks here, 4 days before 'the test'




Week 12: Starting weekly photos. Last Wednesday before moving into our house.





Week 13: Closed on the house, notice our friends Collin and Bailee in the background, who were helping us move in :)






No comments:

Post a Comment